Saturday, October 9, 2010

...and the meditations of my heart...

... be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer - Psalm 19:14

This is a verse that has defined my pursuit for the past year.

With the birth of my (first) daughter, I feel like I have been hit with a ton of bricks; those bricks being the Holy Spirit forcing me to wake up out of my "Christian slumber."  I have a new-found passion to learn more about God and understand what He has given us in Scripture, so that I may do my called duty to train up my child in the ways of the Lord so that when she is old she will not turn from them (Proverbs 22:6).  My daughter is a heritage from the Lord. She is an arrow in my quiver, to be used in the battle against the evil one. I am blessed to have her.  She is a gift from God  (Proverbs 127:3-5).

I take this responsibility very seriously.  I want her to know and love the Lord, and hate the evil that has consumed the world (1 John 5:19).  It is my job to teach her how one can be both in the world, yet not of it.  Our mission is to show Christ's love and be a light to them (Matthew 28:19-20).  The world hates her, and she should know that (John 15:18; John 17:14).

Satan is real.  He is defeated, but he is still taking people with him on his way down.  I've realized I must consider this when I live the way I do.  When I watch the shows/movies I watch.  When I spend my time the way I do.  I need to refocus my life so that, truly, every second of every day (1 Thes 5:17) every word that comes out of my mouth, and every thought and meditation in my heart are acceptable in Christ's eyes, who is my ultimate Lord, my solid rock upon which I stand mine and my family's life, and my kinsman redeemer (Psalm 19:14).

We are called to treasure Christ above all things.  I will do my best to live my life in a way that when my daughter (and future children, Lord willing) sees me, she could not help but think of Christ and His glory.

I pray the posts I make on this site will not only help me become stronger in my faith, but will reach out to those reading and display Christ's glory so much that a life would be changed.

Be Blessed,

elohimito

No comments:

Post a Comment