Friday, November 12, 2010

WSC Memorization

The other day I received in the mail 4 cds of the Westminster Shorter Catechism put to song. I had borrowed them from a friend to check them out and loved them immediately. I have the first 7 questions memorized already. Easy!

For those who are not familiar with the WSC, they are an abridgment of the teachings of the Bible from a reformed perspective. They are long considered the best doctrinal statements to come out of the English Reformation.

The purpose of the WSC was to help educate the everyday person in doctrine and belief. They were and are traditionally used to teach and train up children, and are often given to new converts for study.

I can't wait until I can teach Emery these truths!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment